Every Friday, Spotlight will publish a blog article with links to articles and news relevant to managing projects with a remote team, the overall globalization of the world’s workforce, and some entrepreneurship mixed in. We hope you find some quality information and maybe even learn a thing or two to get a discussion started with your colleagues.
Happy Friday! This week we hit on remote teams in the start-up and small business space, how to effectively build and manage remote teams, and some things to look for in project management for 2013. And for those looking for Agile and project management events for the upcoming year, we have the list.
- Martin Zwillig, a Phoenix native, outlines 8 key characteristics of highly effective remote teams. The start-up and entrepreneur community is adopting the remote team method very quickly to avoid office space expenses and have access to cheaper worldwide talent.
- As small businesses continue to use remote teams and contractors to reduce cost, managers need to know how to effectively manage them. Ensuring communication and collaboration among the team will help ensure the team can reach its goals.
- The use of remote teams for small businesses allows them to fulfill temporary needs without hiring full-time employees. Learn how to build your team and manage their productivity.
- If you have always worked in a traditional office setting and are thinking of moving to the remote office, take a moment to determine if it’s right for you. Here are 5 key questions to ask yourself to determine if the remote workplace is right for you.
- Success within a remote team usually comes back to how well they communicate and collaborate. Here are 5 tips on how to improve remote project team communication.
- Famed Shark Tank judge Mark Cuban gives inside tips on what to know before starting a business. Make sure you are prepared and have a plan to take your product to market.
- What will we see in the project management world in 2013? Trends point to 2 predictions for how we will interact and share new ideas during the project delivery process.
- The term “remote project management” will become more and more common as we move into the future. Now is a good time to embrace it and learn as much as you can. Here are 6 reasons why you won’t be able to avoid remote project management, especially in the software development industry.
- We all know entrepreneurs rarely have time for a dedicated workout routine. Our health tip for the day – CrossFit is the workout of choice for entrepreneurs (and the most time efficient).
- As we move into 2013, it’s always nice to know relevant project management conferences and events to attend to expand our knowledge. Agile project management events are abundant in the United States and worldwide throughout the year.
Have topic you would like more information on but don’t have time to search for it? Leave us a comment and I’ll find you relevant articles for next week!
Seth Weedin (email@example.com) is the Director of Marketing at Spotlight Software.